Thursday 28 July 2011

New external hard drive

Yesterday I had bought new external HDD. It is Iomega® Prestige™ External Hard Drive and I use it as my backup device. There aren't many reviews of this model so I will write short one. I suggest to always have good backup solution. It cost me a lot of stress when HDD in my PC start to making noises and suddenly die. I lost a lot of data including Android market key store file :/. As a result I can't update my applications because updates have to be signed with same key as original app file. So always key backup of your key store file and remember passwords to key store and keys it contains.

Now something about new disk. It is 3,5 inch model with external power. It use USB 2.0 and is preformatted with NTFS (1,36 TB). Inside there is Samsung HD154UI drive. It is quite heavy. More data you can find here.


I ran just one benchmark :



It shows that avarange read speed is 26.5 MB/s. It is standard result for USB 2.0 external hard drive. Access time may be little bit better but it is backup drive so it is not so important.

With this disk you get a lot of free software including :

-Trend Micro Internet Security (1 year free subscription)
-Iomega QuickProtect for Windows
-MozyHome Online Backup(2GB for free)
-EMC Retrospect Express HD for Windows
-EMC Retrospect Express for Windows
-EMC Retrospect Express for Mac

I will install only EMC Retrospect on my laptop and write a post about it.

If you have any questions about drive or included software leave a comment and I will try to answer all questions :).

No comments:

Post a Comment